Updates and news available

Advancing Public Education in the 2017 Provincial Election

Picture of Bayside PAC
Advancing Public Education in the 2017 Provincial Election
by Bayside PAC - Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 2:41 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am following up with my letter to PACs, parents and families that I sent on Jan. 26th.  Attached below you will find an overview letter encouraging all parents to champion their children's needs and rights to a quality public education.  I am including some other supporting documents as resources to facilitate meaningful dialogue and engagement. 

Included is:

• a list of potential questions parents might want to use to facilitate discussions on public education
  • a COPACS briefing note regarding the recent budget announcements made this week
  • and finally a briefing note from Dr. Elder to our Board looking at various implications of the Supreme Court of Canada ruling for our district. 

I encourage you to talk about these issues at your next PAC meeting and develop some ideas on how you can foster broader dialogue and engagement within the parent community.

A reminder that the general public budget meeting is TODAY Feb.28th from 7-9pm at Bayside.  Please get the word out and encourage as many people out as can come.  Finally, COPACS will meet the following Thursday if you want to follow up with or share any ideas you may have.

Thanks again for all that you do and have a great weekend with your family 

Yours for the children

James T.