Dear Parents and Guardians:
Bayside is looking forward to welcoming all students back to school; both new and returning.
School Start Up:
- Each student will attend the first day on the following schedule:
o Grade 6: Tuesday, September 07 --- 8:30 – 10:00 am
o Grade 7: Tuesday, September 07 --- 8:30 – 10:00 am
o Grade 8: Tuesday, September 07 --- 1:00 – 2:30 pm
- Bus service will be available, check the district website for routes and times. Please ensure that you have registered for the bus through the Saanich Schools website at https://www.sd63.bc.ca/programs-and-services/transportation.
- We ask that parents/guardians please drop off their children no more than 15 minutes early and remain off the school grounds for health and safety reasons. Please make an appointment through the school email at firstname.lastname@example.org to meet with school staff if necessary.
- Please send your student to school wearing a mask.
- Please do not send your child to school with their school supplies on the first day.
- Full school days will begin on Wednesday, September 8 at 8:30-2:33.
Structure of the School Day:
- Students will spend the bulk of their day with their homeroom class.
- Students will continue to participate in elective classes (including band if registered) and physical education.
Health and Safety Routines:
Announced on August 24th were the updated operational guidelines for K-12 schools. Here are some of the highlights:
- All K-12 staff and students in Gr. 4-12 are required to wear masks while indoors or on the school bus.
- General cleaning of the premises, and the cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces, will occur at least once in a 24-hour period.
- Staff and students (or their parents if appropriate) are to continue to do their own Daily Health Check and should remain home if they are not feeling well.
- Visitors will still be required to sign-in at the office or front counter to confirm that they are feeling well.
- As mandated by WorkSafeBC, a new Communicable Disease Program will replace our district’s Safety Plan. It will have many similarities to our current plan but will reflect any new measures being implemented in our schools. Ours will be available on our district website early next week.
- Regional Medical Health Officers will now have the authority to implement additional safety requirements at a regional, district or school level should that be required.
- Our ventilation systems will continue to use high-filtering MERV 13 filters as recommended. Ventilation performance will also continue to be monitored by our Facilities Department.
Additional guidance and information can be found in the Ministry of Education document: Provincial COVID-19 Communicable Disease Guidelines for K-12 Settings.
Action Items for Parents
- Notify the school as soon as possible if you have an alternative plan for your student (ie. Distributed Learning)