Thursday, May 19, 2022
Info for Students…
- Gauss Math Contest: Congratulations to all students who wrote the Math
GAUSS contest yesterday. A congratulations to the following grade 6-7
students Kai 7-7 who placed first; Frances 8-6 who placed second Reid 6-5
and Anya 6-3 who placed third. Congratulations to Noah 8-3 who placed first in
the 8 contest; Thomas in 8-6 who placed second and Aidan 8-1 and Lily 8-8 who
placed third. Great work Sharks!
- Track and Field: Congratulations to all runners and jumpers who
competed at UVic yesterday in spite of the blustery conditions, you Sharks put
forth many very strong performances. Way to go team!
- Non Instructional Day: There is no school tomorrow, Friday May 20 is a non
- Next Week’s Announcers: Next week’s announcers will be Sarah and Oceane.
- Forest Closed: Due to the high winds the forests are closed down due
- Canoe Club: All Canoe Club members, please make sure you have a
water bottle for Canoe Club after school. Meet at the shark ASAP after school.
Canoe Club Buses will be leaving Bayside at 2:45.
- Survivor Challenge: Survivor starts at 3pm today. All survivors need
to bring pencils with them and be ready to go at 3. Today at first recess
is your last chance to sign up. See Mr. Kovacs outside by the spider
climber today at first recess if you are signing up. Spectators welcome
to watch the action after school.
- Gr 7 Band: Reminder to Gr 7 Band
students to come to the band room after homeroom.
- GSA: GSA
is in S111 at recess today.
- High Jump:
Practice in the gym at lunch. Spectators are welcome!
Running events practice after school 2:45-3:45.
- Gr 8 Boys Rugby: A reminder that there is no rugby practice today. Our
next practice will be next Tuesday after school. Please remember to return your
permission slips to Mr. Davidson ASAP. Go sharks!
- Gr 6 Badminton: Grade 6 drop in badminton is today after school from
2:45-4:00pm. Last one of the season, it will be a smashing good time!
- Lunch Program: Reminder the
forgotten lunch is for students who do
not have food for lunch. Many students are accessing the lunch to top up because
they have not packed enough. Please check in the pack a larger lunch.
- Lost: Black
and white volleyball, please return to the office.
- Lost: A chain necklace lost in the field, please return to the office.
Info for Parents…
- PAC Hoody Orders: Bayside hoody orders are now available!
The PAC is offering our Bayside Sharks the option to purchase a Pullover Hoody
or a Full Zip Hoody, Grey or Black in Youth or Adult sizing. Click for the Clothing Order Form. Orders Due Monday, May 30.
Inquiries please contact the Bayside PAC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PAC AGM Meeting: We need your help! The PAC AGM Meeting is scheduled for Monday, May 30 at 7:00pm in the Learning Commons (click for the Teams link). In order to maintain a PAC for Bayside next year, we need to make sure that there are at least 3 members on the Executive! If we do not have enough PAC volunteers, our children at Bayside will miss out on opportunities that they may otherwise have.
Bayside PAC 2022/2023 is seeking volunteers to fill executive roles for the coming academic year. With new executive to be elected during the meeting: roles requiring new volunteers: Chair, co-chair, secretary.
Important Dates to Remember...
May 20 - Non Instructional Day, no school in session
May 23 - Victoria Day Stat
May 30 - PAC AGM Meeting; Learning Commons 7:00pm, Click for the link
May 30 - PAC Hoody Order Deadline, Click for the order form
Jun 21 – National Indigenous Peoples Day
Jun 23 - Indigenous Cultural Event
Jun 27 – Grade 8 Farewell, Centennial Park
Jun 28 – Fun Day
Jun 29 – Last day of school, students dismissed at 10:00am (written permission required)
June 29 – Report Cards Distributed
Jun 30 – Admin Day, no school in session
Jun 30 – Sept 05 – Summer Break
Sept 06 – First Day of School