Tuesday, May 17, 2022
Info for Students…
- FAAS Students: The MPR will be closed during Blocks 1-3 and access
to FAAS classes will be through the
exterior doors of the Art room and Tech Ed room. Drama classes will be moved to room
- Drama Students: Please meet in W115 today. Bring felt pens and/or pencil crayons.
- Immunizations: Gr. 6 Immunizations are today, classes please wait
for a runner to bring you down to the MPR.
- Found: A
lost item from bus 23 was returned yesterday. If you lost this item
please come down and claim it.
- Bayside Mosaic: Do you want to be a part of Bayside history? We have
an opportunity for you. Our community is creating an inclusivity mosaic to be
permanently displayed at Bayside. The mosaic will be created on Today in room South 111, everyone
welcome. Come ready to paint!
- Survivor Challenge: Survivor is this week. See Mr. Kovacs to sign
up, you still have time to join.
- High Jump:
High jump is cancelled today at lunch.
Running events practice after school 2:45-3:45.
- Canoe Club: Club students please meet in the Learning Commons
- Grade 8 Rugby: We will be practicing today after school from
2:45-4:00 pm. It is important that players are there as we have our year-end
jamboree next week! Please meet Mr. Davidson out on the field ready to play
right after block 4. Go sharks!
- Gr 7 & 8 Badminton: Grade 7 & 8 badminton is today after school. Last
one of the season, come on out!
- Gauss Math Contest: Tomorrow is the Gauss math contest for all students who have already signed up with their teacher. Please meet in the LC right at the start of block 2.
Info for Parents…
- PAC Hoody Orders: Bayside hoody orders are now available!
The PAC is offering our Bayside Sharks the option to purchase a Pullover Hoody
or a Full Zip Hoody, Grey or Black in Youth or Adult sizing. Click for the Clothing Order Form. Orders Due Monday, May 30.
Inquiries please contact the Bayside PAC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PAC AGM Meeting: We need your help! The PAC AGM Meeting is scheduled for Monday, May 30 at 7:00pm in the Learning Commons (click for the Teams link). In order to maintain a PAC for Bayside next year, we need to make sure that there are at least 3 members on the Executive! If we do not have enough PAC volunteers, our children at Bayside will miss out on opportunities that they may otherwise have.
Bayside PAC 2022/2023 is seeking volunteers to fill executive roles for the coming academic year. With new executive to be elected during the meeting: roles requiring new volunteers: Chair, co-chair, secretary.
Important Dates to Remember...
May 17 - Gr. 6 Immunizations
May 20 - Non Instructional Day, no school in session
May 23 - Victoria Day Stat
May 30 - PAC AGM Meeting; Learning Commons 7:00pm, Click for the link
May 30 - PAC Hoody Order Deadline, Click for the order form
Jun 21 – National Indigenous Peoples Day
Jun 23 - Indigenous Cultural Event
Jun 27 – Grade 8 Farewell, Centennial Park
Jun 28 – Fun Day
Jun 29 – Last day of school, students dismissed at 10:00am (written permission required)
June 29 – Report Cards Distributed
Jun 30 – Admin Day, no school in session
Jun 30 – Sept 05 – Summer Break
Sept 06 – First Day of School