Friday, May 13, 2022
Info for Students…
- Field Hockey: Congratulations to Sharks field hockey on a strong
finish to the season yesterday. The team played their best games yesterday with
excellent passing and coming out with ties against Monterey and Glanford.
Way to go sharks. Please return sticks and jerseys to Ms. Alford.
- Rugby: Well
done to the boys rugby team on an extremely tough battle yesterday in the
pouring rain at Royal Oak. You all worked extremely hard and can be proud
of your efforts.
- Track and Field: Congratulations to all runners and jumpers who
competed at the UVIC track yesterday afternoon. Your Sharks posted many strong
performances. Way to go team!
- Next Week’s Announcers: Next week’s announcers will be Charlotte and Cassidy.
- Gym at Lunch: Gr. 6s, you will have an open gym today at lunch. Come down with your friends and join the fun.
- Japanese Club: Meeting today at 12:45 in E109.
- Learning Commons: The LC is closed today at lunch.
- Canoe Club: Today at lunch there is a canoe club meeting in the
- Survivor Challenge: Survivor is next week. Keep those fees coming in to Mr. Kovacs. You can still join. Find a friend and go see Mr. Kovacs
Info for Parents…
- PAC Hoody Orders: Bayside hoody orders are now available!
The PAC is offering our Bayside Sharks the option to purchase a Pullover Hoody
or a Full Zip Hoody, Grey or Black in Youth or Adult sizing. Click for the Clothing Order Form. Orders Due Monday, May 30.
Inquiries please contact the Bayside PAC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PAC AGM Meeting: We need your help! The PAC AGM Meeting is scheduled for Monday, May 30 at 7:00pm in the Learning Commons (click for the Teams link). In order to maintain a PAC for Bayside next year, we need to make sure that there are at least 3 members on the Executive! If we do not have enough PAC volunteers, our children at Bayside will miss out on opportunities that they may otherwise have.
Bayside PAC 2022/2023 is seeking volunteers to fill executive roles for the coming academic year. With new executive to be elected during the meeting: roles requiring new volunteers: Chair, co-chair, secretary.
Important Dates to Remember...
May 17 - Gr. 6 Immunizations
May 20 - Non Instructional Day, no school in session
May 23 - Victoria Day Stat
May 30 - PAC AGM Meeting; Learning Commons 7:00pm, Click for the link
May 30 - PAC Hoody Order Deadline, Click for the order form
Jun 21 – National Indigenous Peoples Day
Jun 23 - Indigenous Cultural Event
Jun 27 – Grade 8 Farewell, Centennial Park
Jun 28 – Fun Day
Jun 29 – Last Day of School, students dismissed at 10:00am (written permission required)
June 29 – Report Cards Distributed
Jun 30 – Admin Day, no school in session
Jun 30 – Sept 05 – Summer Break
Sept 06 – First Day of School