Friday, April 22, 2022
Info for Students…
- Next Week’s Announcers: Next
week’s announcers will be Teagan and Luca.
- Field Hockey: Sharks field hockey
played 3 hard fought games yesterday at UVic against 2 powerful St. Michael’s
teams and Royal Oak. Well done team!
- Gr 7 Girls Volleyball: Any
grade 7 girls who would like to participate in a volleyball training camp from
May 8th-29th on Sundays, please see Ms. Stewart.
- Gr 8 Badminton: Drop-in Grade 8
Badminton is today after school 2:45-4. Come on out, it’s going to be a racket!
- Track and Field: If
you are interested in doing long jump for track and field, there will be a
meeting in Ms. Stewart’s room, S113 next Tuesday at recess.
- Learning Commons: The
LC is closed today at lunch.
- PE Students: Reminder to all
students that have PE on Friday that the gym is unavailable today. Please
meet your teacher at the outdoor equipment room at the start of your PE class.
- Found: An ear bud has been turned
into the office. If you have lost an ear bud please come to the office to
- Earth Week: Happy Earth Day
everyone! Hopefully you find some time today to celebrate the earth in your own
unique way. Our final challenge will take place this Monday, we know it is a
Pro-D but we are hoping you will be able to take part anyway. This Monday will
be “Meatless Monday”..we challenge you to go an entire day without eating any
meat products. Meat products take a lot of resources to produce, and eating
less meat is an easy way to minimize your impact on the earth. Thank you
- Non Instructional Day: Reminder there is no school on Monday, April 25 as it is a Non Instructional day. See you on Tuesday Sharks!
Info for Parents…
- CPF Maple Syrup Fundraiser Last Call: Support our SWEET fundraiser! All profits will help us offer fun French learning opportunities for our students in Saanich. Treat your loved ones or yourself! Stock up on our authentic maple syrup - direct from Quebec - to enhance your yummy breakfast, lunch or dinner treats! Please order and pay before May 22nd by e-transfer - CPF.Saanich.Pay@gmail.com Please add your email address to your e-transfer message along with your child’s name, school and teacher. An invoice along with pickup instructions will be emailed to you after submitting the form. Orders will be available for pickup at your child’s school. Your CPF School Representative will email you the pickup dates and times. Thank you for supporting Canadian Parents for French - Saanich Chapter.
- Total Prepare PAC Fundraiser: The PAC preparedness fundraiser 2022 is now open! The order deadline is May 1st, 2022. Click here for the link to kits and items offered.
Send order forms to email@example.com, all payments etransfered to firstname.lastname@example.org or cheques to Bayside PAC.
Bayside Middle School will receive a portion of all proceeds earned by the fundraising event!
Orders will be shipped to the school for distribution after the fundraising period expires. Each order will be boxed and labelled for easy identification. Your group organizer will be in touch with details for pick up.
Important Dates to Remember...
Apr 25 - Non Instructional Day, no school in session
May 01 – Total Prepare PAC Fundraiser deadline
May 02 – PAC Meeting; 7:00pm
May 03 - Online Band Registration Opens
May 04 - Gr. 5 Parent Night (virtual)
May 11 - Early Dismissal, students dismissed at 1:33pm
May 17 - Gr. 6 Immunizations
May 20 - Non Instructional Day, no school in session
May 23 - Victoria Day Stat
May 29 – PAC Bottle Drive
May 30 – PAC AGM Meeting; 7:00pm