Thursday, February 17, 2022
Info for Students…
- Late Students: Reminder to students if you are late or
need to leave early please call 211 from your classroom to sign in or out.
Student Services is closed today due to staffing.
- NID & Family Day: There is no school in session Friday and Monday due to the Non Instructional Day and Family Day. School is back in session on Tuesday, Feb 22.
- Knitting Club: is today and tomorrow at 12:15 in
- GSA: Today at recess in S111, everyone
- Soccer Tournament: Grade 6’s and sevens interested in a
soccer tournament are asked to meet Mr. Kovacs today at 12:45 on the top field.
- Climbing Academy: Grade 8 students who are interested in
applying for the Climbing Academy. Mr. Braun and the Stelly’s team will
be in the MPR at Lunch 12:12 to give information. Make sure you make it
there to hear about an exciting opportunity for next year.
- Learning Commons: Students accessing the LC, please wipe
your feet thoroughly prior to entering. We have had lots of mud on the
- Gr. 7 Girls Comp
done to the grade 7 girls volleyball team for showing a lot of skill and effort
in their game against Gordon Head yesterday.
- Gr. 8 Girls Comp
done to the grade 8 girls team for a strong win yesterday versus Arbutus.
Special thank you to Quinton and London for scorekeeping. Reminder to the
Grade 8 girls team of your practice tomorrow morning from 8-9:30am here at
- Gr. 6 Boys Volleyball: Good luck to the grade 6 boys
volleyball team in your game today here at Bayside versus PCS. Go get em
- Olympic Update: Special Congratulations to former
Bayside student Micah Zandee-Hart for winning the Gold Medal last night in
women’s hockey. She is not the first former Bayside student to win an
olympic gold medal and hopefully she won’t be the last.
- Grade 6 Writing Contest-Meaning of Home: Attention all grade 6 students, Habitat for Humanity needs your help!
Tomorrow is the last day to submit your 50-300 word poem or essay explaining what Home means to you for the “Meaning of Home Writing Contest”.
You can submit your finished copy at meaningofhome.ca under the “enter now” tab.
Or you can print out your finished copy and give it to Mr. Davidson or Ms. Lee.
You can also see what other students around the country have submitted on the website!
The national winner will receive a $30,000 grant for their local Habitat for Humanity, and each submission raises $10 for charity.
You could also win an iPad and a class pizza party.
If you have any questions please see Ms. Lee or Mr. Davidson.
All submissions need to be in by February 18th.
Info for Parents…
- Epicure Fundraiser: Bayside Middle School has partnered up with our local company Epicure to bring you delicious meal boxes! A weeks worth of healthy and convenient meals all planned out for you and it only costs $25! Bonus: For every 5 kits you buy (you can buy some for friends and family), you'll get a surprise item for free!
All proceeds will be used towards the cost of school activities, materials needed and/or equipment to help support all of our students. You’ll get weeknight meals while helping raise funds to support our amazing middle school!
Link to order fundraiser Meal Kit: CLICK HERE
Fundraiser closes March 6th. Delivery before Spring break.
Important Dates to Remember...
Feb 18 - Non Instructional Day, no school in session
Feb 21 - Family Day Stat
Feb 23 - Pink Shirt Day
Mar 06 – PAC Epicure Fundraiser Deadline, Link to order: CLICK HERE
Mar 07 – PAC Meeting; 7:00pm
Mar 14 – FAAS # 3 Starts
Mar 16 – Report Card #2 Distributed
Mar 17 – Crazy Hair Day
Mar 21-Apr 01 Spring Break, no school in session