Friday, February 11, 2022
Info for Students…
- Late Students: Reminder to students if
you are late or need to leave early please call Student Services at 211 from
your classroom to sign in or out.
- Random Acts of Kindness: It’s Random Acts of
Kindness Week, please check out the 31-derful Random Acts of Kindness list by
the water fountain. Let’s all make someone's day brighter.
- Appreciation: Thanks to Ashton from
Division 7-2 who has been making Rainbow loom bracelets - all the proceeds he
has collected have gone towards buying more sports equipment for the school.
- Gr 7 & 8 FAAS/PE Schedule Changes: Attention Grade 7 and Grade 8 students. Today your FAAS
and PE will be switched. If you normally have FAAS today you’ll go to PE
and if you normally have PE you’ll go to FAAS.
- Gr 6 Manhunt: Grade 6 Manhunt vs
Teachers at lunch today. Everyone welcome to join.
- Knitting Club: Knitting Club is today
at 12:15 in S115. All Grade 7 and 8 students (and adults) are welcome and no
experience is necessary!
- Learning Commons: The LC is closed today
- Science Fair: Do you LOVE science?
Science Fair sign up is soon! Come to an information meeting in S107 at Recess
on Wednesday, Feb 16. See Mme Drolet or Mme Levesque if you have questions. See
- Lost Items: Lost Air pods in blue
case and an Air Pod case lost, please return to the office.
- 4 Square Winners: Congrats to Brendan G. and Jerry O. for
winning the 4 square tournaments this week. Soccer tournament starts next
week. Listen to the announcements for details.
- Olympic Update: No medals for
Canada last night but our women’s hockey team just beat Sweden 11-0 to qualify
for the semi-finals.
- Grade 6 Writing Contest-Meaning of Home: Attention all grade 6 students, Habitat for Humanity needs your help. Right now, Habitat for Humanity is having their “Meaning of Home Writing Contest”. All you need to do is compose a 50-300 word poem or essay explaining what Home means to you. You can submit your finished copy at meaningofhome.ca under the “enter now” tab. Or you can print out your finished copy and give it Mr. Davidson or Ms. Lee. You can also see what other students around the country have submitted on the website! The national winner will receive a $30,000 grant for their local Habitat for Humanity, and each submission raises $10 for charity. You could also win an iPad and a class pizza party. If you have any questions please see Ms. Lee or Mr. Davidson. All submissions need to be in by February 18th.
Important Dates to Remember...
Feb 07-11- Random Acts of Kindness Week
Feb 18 - Non Instructional Day, no school in session
Feb 21 - Family Day Stat
Feb 23 - Pink Shirt Day
Mar 14 – FAAS # 3 Starts
Mar 16 – Report Card #2 Distributed
Mar 17 – Crazy Hair Day
Mar 21-Apr 01 Spring Break, no school in session