Thursday, February 10, 2022
Info for Students…
- Late Students: Reminder to students if
you are late or need to leave early please call 211 from your classroom to sign
in or out. Student Services is closed today due to staffing.
- Lost: Air Pod case, return to
- Random Acts of Kindness: It’s Random Acts of
Kindness Week, please check out the 31-derful Random Acts of Kindness list by
the water fountain. Let’s all make someone's day brighter.
- Learning Commons: Students accessing the
LC, please wipe your feet thoroughly prior to entering. We have had lots
of mud on the carpet.
- Knitting Club is today and tomorrow at
12:15 in S115. All Grade 7 and 8 students (and adults) are welcome and no
experience is necessary!
- GSA Club: GSA will be in room
S111, during little recess. Please come on time at 10:48 and ready to use a Chromebook
to complete a survey.
- 4 Square Tournament: Grade 6’s and 7’s, today
at lunch is your chance to play in the 4 square tournament. Everyone
welcome. See Mr. Kovacs at lunch by the east pod black top.
- Science Fair: Do you LOVE science?
Science Fair sign up is soon! Come to an information meeting in S107 at Recess
on Wednesday, Feb 16. See Mme Drolet or Mme Levesque if you have questions. See
- Gr 7 & 8 FAAS/PE Schedule
Grade 7 and Grade 8 students: Today and tomorrow your FAAS and PE will be
switched. If you normally have FAAS today you’ll go to PE and if you
normally have PE you’ll go to FAAS. We will make the same switch
tomorrow. This is so all students can participate in the PISE Friday PE
- Grade 6 Writing Contest: Attention all grade 6
students, Habitat for Humanity needs your help. Right now, Habitat for Humanity
is having their “Meaning of Home Writing Contest”. All you need to do is
compose a 50-300 word poem or essay explaining what Home means to you. You can
submit your finished copy at meaningofhome.ca under the “enter now” tab. Or you
can print out your finished copy and give it to Mr. Davidson or Ms. Lee. You
can also see what other students around the country have submitted on the
website! The national winner will receive a $30,000 grant for their local
Habitat for Humanity, and each submission raises $10 for charity. You could
also win an iPad and a class pizza party. If you have any questions please see
Ms. Lee or Mr. Davidson. All submissions
need to be in by February 18th.
- Olympic Medal Update: Last night while we all were sleeping Canada won 2 silver and 2 bronze medals in skiing, snowboarding, speed skating, aerials. Our total is now 1 Gold, 4 Silver and 7 bronze medals.
Important Dates to Remember...
Feb 07-11- Random Acts of Kindness Week
Feb 18 - Non
Instructional Day, no school in session
Feb 21 - Family Day Stat
Feb 23 - Pink Shirt Day
Mar 14 – FAAS # 3 Starts
Mar 16 – Report Card #2 Distributed
Mar 17 – Crazy Hair Day
Mar 21-Apr 01 Spring Break, no school in session