Grade 7 Band

spring break and uniforms

Picture of Amber Aitchison
spring break and uniforms
by Amber Aitchison - Friday, 7 March 2014, 1:00 PM

Have a restful spring break! I have not assigned any practicing for students to work on during the break as I believe it is important to use this time to refuel, recharge, and re-energize. However, that being said, playing an instrument is a skill that needs regular work to ensure the embouchure does not become weakened. Encourage your child to practice with a friend to play duets or put on a mini-concert for guests whom may be visiting. Marching around the neighbourhood in parade fashion might be an idea...depending upon your neighbours :)  Whatever practicing your son/daughter does during the break need not be recorded on the practice card. After the break we will continue to work on the festival and concert pieces in class and in masterclass.

Paperwork and permission forms for the GVFPA Festival will be coming home after spring break. We will be performing April 15th at Central Baptist Church. Our Spring Concert is May 8th and 9th. FYI: I am working with the PAC to allocate funds towards new band uniforms. We are hoping to have these for the students to use (borrow) during the Spring Concert. I am ordering ties for each of the bands, therefore students will need a white or black button-up, collared dress shirt (long/short sleeve is ok) to wear with the tie along with black pants, black socks, and black shoes. Hopefully this will give parents enough time to find something appropriate.