Once again, we are excited to welcome your child(ren) into a safe, healthy and productive educational year. Thank you to the over one hundred families that engaged in our new students and grade 6 welcome back tours today. As you are aware, the Ministry is providing schools and families orientation sessions (1.5 hours) by grade level as indicated below:
- Grade 6: Thursday, September 10, 2020 - 9:30-11 am
- Grade 7: Thursday, September 10, 2020 - 1:15-2:45 pm
- Grade 8: Friday, September 11, 2020 - 9:30-11 am
Our first full day of regular instruction starts Monday, September 14thwith a welcome bell ringing at 8:22am. Reminder to families if your child is going to be absent or late please contact our attendance alert at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-652-8653.
The Saanich School District has updated the transportation policy. The Saanich district can ONLY support school bus transportation for students to and from their homes. For Health and Safety reasons, students will NOT be able to ride the bus to after school activities or friend's houses.
Thank you for your support and patience and we look forward to a tremendous year ahead.
Please do not hesitate to contact the office at email@example.com or 250-652-1135 should you have any additional questions.
Wendy MacDonald and Rae Dennett
Important September Dates:
- Sept 10 – Gr. 6 Orientation; 9:30-11:00
- Sept 10 – Gr. 7 Orientation; 1:15-2:45
- Sept 11 – Gr. 8 Orientation; 9:30-11:00
- Sept 14 – First Day of School; 8:30-2:33
- Sept 17 – Early Dismissal - students dismissed at 1:33 (Welcome Back BBQ is cancelled)
- Sept 23 – Photo Day
- Sept 28 – Non Instructional Day – no school in session
- Sept 30 – Orange Shirt Day (Students and Staff wear ORANGE)