Grade 8 band

Purdy's Fundraiser (Whistler families only)

Picture of Amber Aitchison
Purdy's Fundraiser (Whistler families only)
by Amber Aitchison - Monday, 4 March 2019, 9:55 AM

Hello Gr. 8 Band Trip Families,

If you are interested in participating in a Purdy’s Chocolate Fundraising initiative, there are two ways for you to participate: individual bar sales (50% of profit to you/initial start-up cost) and seasonal chocolate sales (25% profit to you/no $ up front). Please read the details on both options and email me by TUESDAY, March 5 to let me know if you’d like to fundraise with Purdy’s.

Option 1 – Individual Bar Sales – Profit up to 50%

If you choose this option, you will place a pre-paid order through me for as many boxes of bars as you like. From there, your son or daughter can organize with a friend to sell bars. Some things for you to consider:

• You may order any combination of full cases (see options in the table below).

• You will need to pre-pay for your order. I’ll collect $ and place bar orders accordingly.

• As a group, we need to have an order minimum of $500.

• Organizing chocolate bar sales will be up to families. You can bring the bars to your work or sell to neighbours and family. If there is enough interest, I will also sort out permission for us to sell bars in front of a couple local grocery stores as this will also provide us with good opportunities for sales.

Individual Bar Sales Options

Fundraising Product

Unit of Measure

Purchase

Suggested Selling Price

Nut-Free Milk Chocolate Bar

100 per case

$1.50/each

$3.00

Original Milk Chocolate Bar

100 per case

$0.95/each 

$2.00/each

Original Dark Chocolate Bar

100 per case

$0.95/each

$2.00/each

Family Size Crisp Bar 

50 per case

$2.50/each

$5.00/each

Family Size Almond Bar 

50 per case

$2.50/each

$5.00/each

Chocolate Lollipops 
(Milk Smiley, White Smiley, Easter Bunny)

50 per case

$1.19/each

$2.50/each

Himalayan Pink Salt Caramel (Milk and Dark 4pc tray)

40 per case

$2.50/each

$5.00/each

Mini Hedgehogs (4pc tray)

40 per case

$2.50/each

$5.00/each

Option 2 – Seasonal Chocolate Sales – Profit 25%

This year’s Easter Chocolate Fundraiser offers your child the chance to raise funds for the Band trip through Purdy’s online chocolate sales. If you did the Purdy’s Chocolate fundraiser for the Quebec Trip, you know what to expect. To review, here’s how this works:

• Families sign up for individual accounts through fundraising co-ordinator.

• Once Purdy’s creates unique codes for each student and emails me the list, I will share this information with each family via email — ideally this will happen early next week.

• Share your unique code and the website link with your supporters. From there, supporters may purchase chocolates using the online catalogue until April 4th.

• Earn 25% of all sales made on your site.

• Collect chocolates from me April 15th

• Deliver chocolates to your supporters in time for Easter.

• After the fundraiser is over, Purdys will send us one cheque representing the total funds raised through the sales. They will also provide a breakdown of each student’s money raised. I’ll give this information to each family, along with a cheque for your portion of the overall sales.

**A note about print catalogues: If you would like some print catalogues, I have confirmation from the Purdy’s rep that they were mailed last week. When they arrive, I’ll send out an email to let you know I have them; we can then arrange catalogue pick-up for those who want print catalogues (perhaps via student delivery system-- aka backpacks :) Also, note that the print order forms that come with the catalogues may confuse some supporters.. You may want to remove these/alter these to direct folks to your online site. 

What Do You Think?

If your family would like to participate in either fundraiser (or both), send me an email before TUESDAY. If there’s enough interest, I’ll run both campaigns; next week, I’d like to get the information to Purdy’s so that families are set up to fundraise.

Questions? Please ask! I look forward to our work together as we join forces to give our kids a superb experience both working towards and going on this year’s trip to Whistler!

Yours in fundraising,

Kim Lemieux

Kim.lemieux@icloud.com

(250)415-3666