Grade 7 Band

Such a great start to Band 7!

Picture of Amber Aitchison
Such a great start to Band 7!
by Amber Aitchison - Friday, 1 December 2017, 2:36 PM

As we gear up for our Winter Concert (Weds Dec 13th at 7pm), I want to take a moment to say how very impressed I am with the Grade 7's in their level of musicianship and pride in learning to play a musical instrument! We have some amazing young talent in the Bayside Intermediate Band which I am sure will be reflected in our concert. 

If you haven't already, please make sure your child has a uniform for the concert: Black Pants, Black Collared Dress Shirt, Black Socks, and Black Shoes (students may go shoeless if wearing black socks). I will provide a Grade 7 Band Tie for students to borrow for the concert. 

Also, please ask your son/daughter to put on a mini-performance at home to showcase their talents....they know how to play many recognizable tunes and should be able to play them confidently for parents/siblings/friends/family members, using good tone (solid embouchure), excellent posture, and a consistent tempo (steady beat). 

If you would like to continue to encourage their musical growth and are looking for holiday gift ideas please don't hesitate to consider the following:

-christmas books, pop music books, Disney music books, movie music books (look for very easy/beginner levels)

-folding music stand 

-instrument stand (for keeping their instrument set up in their room for easy access and more frequent (less nagging) practice

-tuner

-metronome

-new valve/slide oil, reeds, cork grease, spray/misting bottle (trombones only)

-leather music folder (these can be embossed with a name too)

-brass mutes

-gig bag (lighter case for easier carrying)

-percussion stick bag and additional sticks/brushes/auxillary percussion instruments (triangle, cowbell, maracas, tambourine, claves, etc)

Thank you again for your continued support at home! I look forward to seeing you all at our Winter Concert!