News forum

Week of October 24th to 28th

Picture of Heather Woodland-Huck
Week of October 24th to 28th
by Heather Woodland-Huck - Wednesday, 26 October 2016, 5:28 PM

SCIENCE:

We start a new section in our pursuit of learning about the Human Body - the Skeletal System (just in time for Halloween).  Students are learning the functions, bone structures, and types of joints, as well as many names of the bones of the body.  They should soon be bringing home some study materials in preparation for a quiz involving labelling at least 15 bones in the body,as well as functions.  Stay tuned......

MATH:

We are wrapping up our unit on Patterns and starting to review Place Value and Large Numbers.  As this is review, we will be "motoring" through this section fairly quickly, so many students may be bringing home some homework.

HUMANITIES:

Students will be finishing up their Diseases and Injuries of the Brain projects this week, in preparation to present starting next Tuesday (November 1st).  I look forward to seeing these presentations.

REMINDERS:

On Monday, October 31st, students are allowed to wear a Halloween costume to school (no full face masks or clown costumes, please).  During Block 3 we will be carving pumpkins, so I am asking each student to bring in a small pumpkin that day (or earlier, if they wish).  Dollar store carving tools would be useful, if you have any to share.  I will make sure that they come home that afternoon.  During USSR and Block 4 the school will be involved in a Halloween Social, so not much academic work will be completed that day!