Grade 7 Band

Band fundraising for Whistler next year

Picture of Amber Aitchison
Band fundraising for Whistler next year
by Amber Aitchison - Friday, 10 June 2016, 9:50 AM

Sandra Arthur, band parent and PAC member has penned this message. Please reply to her directly if you wish to be involved.

arthurfamily1@gmail.com

Hey Band 7 Families

What a great success our Grade 7 band/students achieved this year by receiving Gold for their efforts! Hard to believe in a couple of months, our kids will be in the final year at Bayside. Once again, the Grade 8 band will be participating in the Whistler music festival on 27 April 2017, for 4 days.

I was talking with some other families and thought it could be a good idea to get a jump start on fund raising efforts to allow our students to attend the Whistler Festival.
One suggestion was to follow the sales of tickets at local supermarkets in return for prizes.  I understand this worked extremely well for the Quebec funding efforts earlier this year.

Approximated costs per student will be $550-$600 and so I bet most will be happy to join together to raise some funds.

If you are interested to work on some fund raising efforts in September/fall 2016 - please email be back and let's arrange to meet so we can determine the best way forward!

With kind regards