Grade 7 Band

VICBF--Port Alberni information

Picture of Amber Aitchison
VICBF--Port Alberni information
by Amber Aitchison - Tuesday, 3 May 2016, 11:01 AM

April 2016

Dear Band 7 Parent,

The Grade 7 Bands will be travelling to the the Vancouver Island Concert Band Festival on Thursday May 5th to participate in a music festival. We will be missing an entire day of school. Students will need to make arrangements regarding homework from their teachers. Students are required to wear their uniform (black pants, black socks, black shoes, black/white collared dress shirt, and band tie), bring a bag lunch, some money for dinner, and their instrument & music. We will be at the Alberni District Secondary School performing on-stage at 2pm for those family/friends who wish to come and see us on stage. We are travelling by a comfortable coach bus (not a school bus) to make the long drive more enjoyable. The cost for this field trip is $40 per student.

To help alleviate expenses for this trip, we have partnered with Royal Oak Middle School grade 7 band (director: Mr Bridgeman). We will be sharing a bus to the festival. Our band has too many people to fit on one bus and the ROMS band numbers are too small to fill a bus. If your child is able to ride the bus from ROMS rather than Bayside, please let me know on the bottom of this form. Miss Tremblay (our intern band teacher) will travel on the ROMS bus so that Bayside students have a familiar teacher presence taking attendance and keeping the Bayside students organized. The Bayside bus will leave Bayside at 8:30am and arrive back at 8:30pm. The ROMS bus will leave ROMS at 9:15am and arrive back at 8:30pm.

Itinerary:

8:15am- arrive at Bayside (or ROMS at 9am), meet in the band room, check-in with Mrs. Aitchison (Miss Tremblay at ROMS)

8:30am- load bus at Bayside (or ROMS at 9:15am)

11:30-noon- stop at Cathedral Grove to stretch legs

12:30pm- arrive in Port Alberni, eat lunch, check in to festival

1pm- warm up

2pm- performance and workshop

3-4:30pm- watch other festival performance groups

4:30pm- load bus, depart Port Alberni

5:30pm Stop for dinner in Nanaimo (mall food court---bring some cash)

8:30pm arrive at Bayside (or ROMS)

Please complete the following pages and return them with a cheque (payable to SD #63) promptly to Mrs. Aitchison. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Amber Aitchison

250-652-1135 ext. 218

aaitchison@sd63.bc.ca

_____ My child will travel to/from the festival via the BAYSIDE bus

_____ My child will travel to/from the festival via the ROMS bus

Student Name: _________________________________________________

Parent Signature: _______________________________________________