Grade 7 Band

Band festival next week...

Picture of Amber Aitchison
Band festival next week...
by Amber Aitchison - Thursday, 10 April 2014, 12:39 PM

All Grade 7 Band students have Band on Monday and Tuesday next week to work on and run through our pieces: Woodland Odyssey, Colonel Bogey, and Intensity. Please encourage your child to practice with the recordings as there are still quite a few students whom aren't 100% confident with notes and rhythms.

Tues April 5th: Students should come to school wearing their band uniform (all black or B&W), with their bag lunch, and have their own music and instrument (extra reeds/valve oil). I will distribute black leather folders to use during the festival. We will be leaving school at approx 9am-2pm, performing on stage at the Central Baptist Church at 11:20am for those whom wish to listen.

Percussion will carry their own sticks and a box of auxillary percussion from the school. A bass guitar amp is provided on stage, but please have your own instrument and patch cord.

I will send email confirmation to parent chaperones tomorrow. Please arrive in the MPR at approx 8:45am. Thank you for volunteering! I would appreciate any photos/videos to be emailed to me so that I can share those with the yearbook and other band 7 families.

The remainder of next week (Wed-Thur-Fri) will be PE, outside track and field, rain or shine. Don't forget PE strip.