Mindful Parenting -- caring for ourselves, caring for our children
When: February 3, 2018 (9:00-4:00)
Where: Keating Learning Commons
Workshop Fee: $60/Parent
Payment and Registration
Website link for online Paypal/Credit Card/Cheque/E-Transfer registration and payment: https://livingthismoment.ca Go to: Courses - Parenting
Join Dr. Mark Sherman for this interactive and practical workshop exploring the role of mindfulness in parenting. During this 6 hour workshop, we will explore:
- how and why we get triggered by our child's behaviours
- the stress response through a lens of mindfulness
- how to transition from our work/life busyness in order to connect with our child(ren)
- the role of mindful boundaries and consequences.
- practical 'on the go' tips to bring mindfulness into mealtimes, car rides and conversations
- how we take care of ourselves even as we take care of our family
- several meditation skills in order to create a practice of self care and presence
Dr. Mark Sherman is a Keating dad, a mindfulness/meditation teacher, and family physician who teaches mindfulness based stress management.