Latest News

Instrument Rental Night for all Band 6 Students

Picture of Lori Lafave
Instrument Rental Night for all Band 6 Students
by Lori Lafave - Tuesday, 8 September 2015, 9:00 AM

Greetings Band 6 Families!

I wish to invite you to a drop-in Instrument Rental Night for all Band 6 students without an instrument for this school year. I have partnered with Long and McQuade to bring their staff to the school to save families the hassle of driving into town. This rental night takes place this first week of school, Thursday Sept 10th from 5:30-7pm in the Bayside Multi-Purpose Room. Families will need a method of payment (cheque/credit card), Drivers License, and the instrument selection your child has decided based on their experience at the Instrument Petting Zoo in the Spring. If your child hasn't finalized that decision, I will be on-site to field questions and make suggestions. To speed up the process, I do have some rental forms in my office for those families whom wish to have theirs completed prior to arrival. Please ask your child to see me Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday in the Band room.

We do have some school instruments for rent (especially the larger, more expensive instruments) on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please note, we try to encourage families to rent the more economical instruments through Long and McQuade as theirs are either new or a year-old, whereas the school instruments are decades old (45+ years).

Long and McQuade will take your rental information and deliver all of the necessary supplies the the school for your child's first week of band.

Please note, students do not need to attend this rental night. If you have an instrument already, please take the time to have a instrument repair person check-over the instrument and perform a tune-up to ensure it is the best condition.

Thank you

Amber Aitchison, Band Teacher